1. Your Audience
2. Buyer's Journey
- Awareness: Content to help the reader define problems they're having and start to research solutions
- Consideration: Provide informational content to help the reader with their research
- Decision: Help the reader pick a product or service, ideally yours
3. Content Subject
4. Writing Style
5. Writing Tone
Do you want to address your reader in a way that is formal and professional or witty and informal?
These are things to consider when you are determining the writing tone of your content. Tone is the attitude that an author has toward their subject and their reader. If your organization has a specific tone that it uses when addressing clients and customers, keep that in mind.
- Use keywords that your audience would use when they search
- Use long tail keywords or key phrases
- Choose keywords that have high search volumes
- Put keywords in titles, H1's , and meta descriptions and in bold fonts